Thursday, April 24, 2008

Fresno gets way too excited for spring game


Being the prohibitive WAC favorite and a potential preseason Top 25 team has Fresno State pretty geeked up, and nobody celebrates April hype better than the Bulldogs. Observe:

Whoever was running the spring game festival pulled out all the stops.

Someone handed coach Pat Hill a microphone -- and he promptly started hawking season tickets.

Buy them now, he said. Don't want you to be left out in the cold come game day.

Organizers rolled out the clothing racks and the BBQ equipment and the T-shirt gun.

They enlisted the services of cheerleaders and the student band, which ripped off fight songs as though it were September and the big bad Badgers were in town.

Granted, we are a little jealous about the T-shirt gun.

I went to a game and a circus broke out [Merced Sun-Star]

3 comments:

  1. I tried to show more spirit, I showed up with a big blue "B" painted on my chest, but I just looked silly when "S" and "U" didn't show up. But, what can you do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And only 2600 fans showed up? That is smaller than the Vandals spring crowd (alledgedly).

    FSU's main problem is that they always buy their hype. They will lose probably 3 or 4 games this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. T, you went with a "B"? I thought we were going with chest murals of our favorite players! No wonder I was the only one with Kellen Moore's face on my stomach. We'll have to get on the same page next time.

    ReplyDelete