Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Wednesday: Links with loyalty



Story of the day:

Childs a steal on fantasy football depth charts [RotoWorld]

We consider ourselves pretty big dorks for taking fantasy football so seriously. Yet we are nowhere close to the uber-dork territory of college football fantasy players (although, now that you mention it, we are rather intrigued).

Jeremy Childs found himself on the fantasy football list of RotoWorld as the nation's 37th rated fantasy receiver. Congrats, we guess.
Should all go as planned then Childs is certainly worth a top receiver pick. Yes there's concern over breaking in a new starting quarterback, but if Boise has proven anything over the years it's the ability to make seamless transitions in personnel and keep the offensive train rolling.
We're not sure how the scoring works, but we assume that it is one point for every 10 receiving yards, six points for a touchdown, and 10 points for an "A" on an original essay.

Other links:

Oregon season preview [FOX Sports]
Who doesn't have a QB controversy this summer?

Free magazines at the IPT [Dave's Blog]
What? They're Phil Steele magazines? Then never mind.

Update on stadium construction [Arbiter Online]
Still no mention of a Dairy Queen kiosk.

What went wrong with Hawaii [USA Today]
It's not rebuilding if you're not building anything.

4 comments:

  1. Now, I love football. I love college football. I love fantasy football.

    Yet, even I think that to be in a college football fantasy league might possibly be the lamest thing I have ever heard of.

    Those guys need dates in the WORST way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be too tempted to draft all Boise State players. Team OBNUG Fantasy could go five-deep at every position!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jason, you should see my wife!
    (I am sure you are doing just fine, just sayin...nothin' personal.)

    My site has been breaking down FCF for four years, the four owners have more than 50 years combined experience in the hobby. We take it very seriously since we cannot understand why fantasy college football has yet to achieve the fervor of the pro leagues.

    I doubt I would have ever cared about Boise if not for being introduced to Ryan Dinwiddie, Brock Forsey and Tim Gilligan over the years. I made a special trip to Boise last year and loved the city - muck love there.

    I am now bookmarking this blog - best looking Bronco blog I have seen.

    Check us out at www.FantasyCollegeBlitz.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Vince. We look forward to the "50 reasons you should draft Kellen Moore #1" article on your website.

    ReplyDelete