Tuesday, August 5, 2008

[UPDATE] Camp notes: Childs speaks on suspension, sort of

UPDATE 2:45pm: Brian Murphy has breaking news regarding mohawks. It appears Vinny Perretta, Toshi Franklin, and Ian Johnson are sporting the look. Chadd Cripe talks to Bush Hamdan, who graciously talks back.



The morning practice for the Broncos is in the books, and Jeremy Childs is still the hot topic of discussion. Today, he spoke with the media for the first time since his suspension last season, apologizing for his mistake and looking ahead to the season. He issued a statement at the start of the interview, which pretty much clears things up in our book.

"First, I want to apologize to the city of Boise, to the school and the team for what happened in the spring,” Childs said. 
 Apology accepted.
“It was an honest mistake."
We had no idea plagiarism was wrong either.
"I regret the mistake."
It takes a big man to admit that so eloquently.
"I want to thank the coaches, my team for accepting me back. The athletic director. The vice president. The assistant vice president. One of my teachers. My family for the support and everybody in the community who supported me."
You're welcome.
"I'm looking forward to the season and getting ready to be back with the team and getting rolling."
Us, too.

The Press-Tribune has audio of the interview, and Dave Southorn lets us commonfolk in on some of the details from the morning session. Apparently, someone threw an interception, someone blew an airhorn, and George Iloka was there. Let your imagination fill in the rest.

We'll be updating this post if any other important camp news comes along today, so feel free to check back as often as you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment